Requirements of Open and Outdoor Burning - Read before you sign this application.
This burning permit allows for the Open and Outdoor burning of logs, brush, stumps, leaves, grass clippings, and other vegetative matter. (Section 1.03 of Ordinance #65-A).
1. All allowed open burning shall be conducted in a safe nuisance free manner, when wind and weather conditions minimize adverse effects and do not create a health hazard or a visibility hazard on roadways.
2. No open burning shall be done in road ditches, public right-of-ways, roadway, traffic lanes, public parking areas, and all public alleys.
3. There shall be no burning of construction and demolition waste.
4. No open burning shall be closer than (50) ft from any standing structure.
5. An adequate fire line shall be made around the area to be burned.
6. A force of personnel sufficient to control the fire shall be on hand at the time of burning. A fire shall not be left unattended.
The person obtaining this permit shall be responsible for all fire suppression costs and any other liability resulting from damage caused by the fire. Violation of this permit or burning without this permit will result in a municipal civil fraction fine not to exceed a maximum of $500.00.